Some Whitewallpaper (or screensavers)

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:47:41 +1100

Hi folks

I don't know if everyone here is on the main Yahoo Heroquest list, but I've recently uploaded two Whitewall wallpaper/screensaver graphics to that list's files area. (My Questlines website is currently maxed out and awaiting transfer to a new domain.)

The files are 1600*1200 JPGs done in Poser 4 and Photoshop. They depict a Vingan warrior on the High Fells. Each has a verse from Kallyrkala and the Whitewall logo we've been using on the Wiki. I hope to do several more in the same style - Lunars and Orlanthi - over the next few months.

If you're not a member of the HQ list and would like to access the images, let me know and I'll upload them to our own files area.

Here's the original message to the HQ group, with links.

Questlines is currently maxed out, and awaiting transfer to a new domain, so I've uploaded two studies from my latest 3D graphics project direct to the files area of this group.

Both are JPGs in 1600*1200 screensaver/wallpaper format, and depict a vingan warrior on the High Fells surrounding Whitewall sometime in Sea Season 1621, after the blue arrow callings.

They were prepared for the Whitewall discussion group, but I hope they will also be of interest to the general HQ list.

Verses are from the Kallyrkala.

I've been working on this project for some time, but the form (and especially the facial expressions) of these particular studies were inspired by an ongoing conversation with Jane Williams and Jeff Richard concerning vingan warriors and the change forced upon them by protracted guerilla fighting and by the siege of Whitewall in particular. The warrior *might* be a young Natalina Vingasdotter.

The speccy bits - a Victoria 3 figure rendered in Poser ProPak, with postwork in Photoshop. At last count there were nine figures, about the same number of prop objects, some twenty eight lights and about 60 texture maps, so my new pc is holding out okay. :) Most textures and several clothing items were composed from scratch. The shield design is of course by Simon Bray, and is used with permission.

banditoftheHighFell.jpg

A Whitewall Vingan screensaver/desktop graphic rendered in Poser and Photoshop. A typical vingan 'bandit' of the High Fells surrounding the city, one of the many who run supplies and refugees and harass Lunar troops. The ceaseless toil of the campaign is beginning to take its toll. (304K, 1600*1200 JPG, wallpaper format).

BlueArrowCallings.jpg

Another, closeup, study of the 'bandit' Vingan (above) in screensaver/desktop graphic rendered in Poser and Photoshop. In early Sea Season of 1621, messengers bearing the blue arrow were sent forth from beleagured Whitewall, summoning heroes to the defence of their god. Those who answered the blue arrow calling are immortalised in the 'Kallyrkala'. (325K, 1600*1200 JPG, wallpaper format).

Cheers

John