IMOG

From: drfegg_at_...
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:00:18 EST

Some feedback from MG which is relevant considering the last lot of posts. IMG there are no peat bogs (such as Falling Wind Bog) but a fen (which is between a marsh and a bog) and the area is called Fen Moor not Fell Moor. This Fen is on the plateau proper. As such peat doesn't get a look-in as a fuel but wood and charcoal does. Wood is gathered from around the area and converted to charcoal outside the walls. IMO it takes less man power to make charcoal than it does to cut and dry peat and as the population is in decline makes sense to me. This also fits in with the theory that the area was deforested leaving only Desdrylna's Wood.
There are caves in the plateau proper with the plateau itself made of limestone and the tor made of chalk, not a limestone tor upon an unknown rock plataeu. Sestarto the Artist changed this to marble using magic *not* Lant Ulfar's arm landing on it. Again in the RW acidic conditions for bog creation would not exist and don't appear in my game either. However bog-iron is formed in the Fen (not strictly possible but then again giant chaos bats aren't either...) and the PCs are off to the Fen to gather the iron nodules to make a lance/spear to plunge into the back of the Bat. They know it's coming but don't know when!
I hope this helps explain my mind set regarding my last load of posts. Steve