Re: Why the Iron is in the Bog (an idea)

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:45:09 -0000

Oh for sure.

> An enormous iron spearhead made from from a spark from Orlanth's
> weapons/armour IMO seems like a reasonable way for non HQ superbowl
> contenders to do harm to the Bat. A GM manipulated boost if you
will.
> Also the irony of the Lunar's big gun being zapped by a fragment
left
> from a previous scrap of Orlanth's appeals to me (poetic justice
and
> all that).

Nice suggestion. Actually I was thinking that the weapon could be part of an overall attack on the Bat. You've got the Storm, you've got Broyan and his fighters and you've got a big iron batsticker. Now it could be delivered, possibly by Broyan and his group teleporting over with it and then dropping it on the Bat. I suspect I've been watching too much Inuyasha (a Japanese cartoon) where most times they've defeated a big demon they've had a multi-pronged attack. One big magical assault augmented by other attacks to make for a more effective whole.

Now the big iron batsticker could be unnecessary BUT it could help the cause as well. Why aren't Broyan et al involved? Because of traitors within the walls. They can't get too involved in things or they attract too much Lunar attention. So the PCs have to go to the bog and retrieve the iron, whether a chunk broken off Orlanth's armour or some leftover iron dwarves. The batsticker just ends up being overkill or just the right augment or whatever but the PCs end up helping defeat the Bat.

> I'll write up a couple of cameos around a group of PCs getting
iron,
> one directly from the bog, the other from the Lunars after they've
> done the dirty work. No stats just skill usage. I'll also re-vamp
my
> original post adding notes to explain my thinking.
> Unless the concensus is, this is not workable. In which case I'll
> start thinking about something else :)

Sounds good.

Oliver