Re: Re: Issaries publishing policy and the Whitewall wiki

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:50:27 +0000 (GMT)

> > From what's being said on the list above, it looks
> > like its only new stuff that needs to get
> approval? It
> > isn't exactly clear, though - and how can you get
> > approval for what is by definition a continually
> > changing site?
>
> My understanding is a once-off approval for a fan
> site, but I am not
> a lawyer and I have no special inside advice.

Could be worth asking directly. I wonder if the Wiki, as a continually changing thing with multiple contributors, is better treated as a mailing list rather than a web-site?

I'm going to be asking for approval for my own site section by section, as some bits are almost entirely collections of quotes of published material, while others are continually chaging game logs and will require different treatment. I'd expect to get agreement, though I'm not sure what type of licence would be required, as Steve has said in the past that such collections are a Good Thing and to be encouraged. If it would be easier for me to make another collection of "things to do with Whitewall" and get that approved at the same time, the Wiki could just link to that.

Jane Williams