Re: Re: Issaries publishing policy and the Whitewall wiki

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:09:38 +0000 (GMT)

Joerg

> The text has some mention of forums, which is about
> the
> closest approximation to the combination of wiki and
> list.

That was my thought.

> > I'm going to be asking for approval for my own
> site
> > section by section, as some bits are almost
> entirely
> > collections of quotes of published material,
>
> You'd have to split the quotes over several pages,
> or get a pro license,
> if I understand the license correctly.

That's what it looked like. And to be in the spirit of it, I should go for a pro license (an odd use of "pro", but there you go).

At present I think I have collections of "all pre-HW data" for a few diverse subjects - Vinga, Morocanth, Jar-Eel, and of course Kallyr. As pre-HW collections, of course they're unlikely to change (unless I type in more of KoS!).

A similar collection for WW would probably only become useful if I added data from post-HW publications? I'd be willign to add something like it to what will probably be a raft of pro licences, if people think it would be useful? And assuming I get them?

> I'd suggest that for the time being we remove the
> Whitewall database
> excerpt. While probably below the 250 words count
> each and quite well
> attributed, it's in no way original work. Thanks for
> hosting it, Jane...

Right, once I'm home I'll put a stop to the page that calls it, for now. I'll leave it around so if we revive it, we don't have to do the coding all over again, but it'll present the reader with an apology instead of the data.

> I'm working on a solution to get the entire thing
> online with Issaries,
> but have not yet started the implementation.

That sounds like a good idea.

Jane Williams