Re: Issaries publishing policy and the Whitewall wiki

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:25:43 -0000

OI YOU LOT!!!! Not so quick with the deletes!!! Jeez.

I work with contracts every day. The way I see it the Issaries fan policy is a protection mechanism for exceptional threats to the intellectual property rights of Issaries. I do not believe 'our wiki' is such a threat.

I say leave the stuff up. If Stephen or Greg say otherwise then its time to act. Will they? Don't hold your breath! That policy, whatever it might say is not about this group or Janes website FREX.

Its this kind of jerk reaction that is probably what Issaries have feared all along. You know, I reckon Greg probably had trouble getting the lawyers to go as light as they did.

The question you have to ask yourself is, am I going to get a legal action regarding this material? The answer is no. They have to ask you to remove the stuff first. If you refuse, then there is a case. However, Issaries are not going to have the resources, at $150 a legal letter to attack websites like the wiki.

I say, chill out, update the copyright and ownership blurbs and continue as we were. Lets not pre-empt.

Just my opinion friends,

Regards
Rob