Re: Issaries publishing policy and the Whitewall wiki

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:32:31 -0000

> I gather the problem isn't hassle *we* might cause
> Issaries. As you say, we're not trying to make money
> out of this. The problem is that Issaries have to be
> seen to be protecting their copyrights, or under some
> weird American law or other, they lose them.

That's just a basic tenant of property law (and not just intellectual property) in the Anglo-American legal tradition (including the US, UK, Canada, Australia and so on - I don't know what the French or German legal systems require). You can't just let other people use your property without your permission, or one day you might find out that it isn't really yours.

Jeff