Re: After the fall

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:37:03 -0700

> My idea was to use it as a generic "rebel base" - many of them already
know
> the place, know the routes to and from it. It lets me use some of the work
> we've already done, in Issaries-now Glorantha (five years in the future
from
> the POV of this list). Hiding out in/under the ruins of a city has got to
be
> good - isn't there some place in Prax along those lines that people find
> popular?
>
> Hidden Stables probably still there?

The Lunars probably slighted the walls, but I doubt they'd have bothered to do a whole salt the earth, Carthago delenda est type of work on it. Anything underground (that isn't flooded by the Sea) would probably still be usable, as might some of the buildings. It might look something like Osgiliath in the LotR movie or Stalingrad from Barbarians at the Gates. I'd mark up a map with probable Meteor targets. These would be glassy slag surrounded by total devastation, with bands of less ruined buildings surrounding them. I tried to get the map off the wiki to do it myself, but it's not there - I'm getting a missing picture icon for it.

The Lunars might have left a small garrison to make sure rebels didn't come back immediately, giving rise to a whole "forgotten garrison" tangent to the place (Khartoum, Fort Zinderneuf, Fort Apache...). While I normally think of Duke Raus in the Gordon of Khartoum role, Whitewall might be a place for a Lunar Administrator and a small band of soldiers to hole up while the crowds of barbarians swamp the place after the Battle of Ice Land. A Lunar Relief Force from BoldHome could try to fight through to the beleagured forces in Whitewall. Or it can just be another forgotten butt-hole of the Empire, where good soldiers resort to Hazia and Gin in an effort to forget the crappy situation...

I doubt that anyone other than rebels or soldiers would move back to the place - we have already established that it's not a good place to make a living, so the "normal folk" won't be coming back.

RR
- Richelieu