Re: Re: Wiki Licensing start

From: Manuel MOLINIER <astaroth.maillist_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:00:18 +0200

my 2 cents of knowledge :
The sentence you describe is not in breach. You encourage to reuse your works but you don't say that the person don't have to be clear with Issaries in the statement. It's like if I encourage one friend to use my car. I normally don't have to specify him not to drive at 120 mph to be in the law of my country... I think you can work this around by adding to your sentence something like : "We encourage the use and republishing of the ideas and concepts included in this wiki, with Issaries approval and licence and attribution where practical."

Manuel

  OK, it looks like I did mess something up :-(

  It looks like our "Author's copyrights" section may breach the   license that I have to personally sign. The problematic sentence is   "We encourage the use and republishing of the ideas and concepts   included in this wiki, with attribution where practical."

  The conflicting sentence in the license that I have to sign   is "Licensee acknowledges that any material derived from or   incorporating the Proprietary Material cannot be further copied,   distributed, or otherwise exploited without Issaries' written   approval."

  My worst case interpretation is that, while the bulk of our site is   probably OK, some parts, particularly the derived map(s) and the   quotations must not be included under our statement. And yes, I know   that we state "ideas and concepts" and I know that we further   qualify it that use outside Glorantha is problematic.

  Any suggestions?

  Jeff?

  The painful bit is that, from tomorrow, I will not have much access   to email or web for 3 weeks.

  regards,
  Charles

  'Weni, Widi, Wiki.' I came, I saw, I added to the story.

  The WhiteWallWiki can be found at: http://www.whitewall.info