Re: Umbroli

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:33:23 GMT

In message <20050527214231.54324.qmail_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>Are we quite sure Umbroli are as ubiquitous as all
>that? It seems to make life rather too easy. I mean,
>Broyan is noted for having winds blowing around him.
>Surely the same can't be true for every Tom Dick and
>Olaf? When it's a standard sentry change, why not just
>walk down the steps?

I'm sure some do take the sensible option but the rest....

I'd restrict the number of Umbroli for another reason - balance. The Lunars have a very limited number of flying troops and what with Vangarthi, Sky Rams and Umbroli the defenders are going to have air superiority most of the time. If there are enough Umbroli for everything the defenders want they'll break the siege. Unless the Lunars have developed some really effective ground based anti-flyer and anti-umbroli magic. Of course the Goddess claims to be the ruler of the middle air so should have something to tackle Umbroli straight on.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/