Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:48:37 -0000

> <Rules Gripe>
> That's something I don't like about HQ, the fact that an initiate
of a god
> with a Movement Affinity can use it to improvise any movement
feats. So,
> someone worshipping a goddess of graceful dance with a Movement
Affinity
> (Graceful Movement, Quick Step) can use that to fall from trees,
run quickly,
> and so on. It should be a -10 to improvise one of your own feats,
a -20 to
> improvise similar feats and a -40 to improvise unrelated Movement
feats.
> That'll teach 'em.
> </Rules Gripe>

If you are an initiate, you can 'improvise feats' from an Affinity that you have. Only Devotee's can improvise new and interesting feats from their affinities, and only with consent from the narrator and a modifier depending on how appropriate it is. (HQ p120)

Therefore initiates, even with movement affinities should carefully consider whether they jump from the walls of WW to Tarkalors gate. If it was dramatically appropriate and it seemed fun in the heat of battle, then I may allow it, but to drop sandwiches off to Baldric who forgot them when he left for Gate duty, then I think the player would have to feel the full force of the game system!!! ;^D

Actually, in the scenario I ran, it was Kallyr, her warband and Gyffur Ulfsson and the hidden gale who flew down to the gate.

> > That's the point, I think. Heros (in the real sense of the word)
can do
> > this
> > in an emergency, your bog-standard PC or guard can't.
>
> Or breaks both his legs trying.
>

> Simon

spot on.

Regards