Re: Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Scott Rogers <amaretto_sirloin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 05:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> That is something that has come up in our Far Point
> campaign. One of the
> characters is a devotee of Varanorlanth and would
> rather like to get some
> feats from Tatouth and a few of the other Orlanth
> Adventurous Subcults.
> According to the rules, he can just pay the HP cost
> and buy the feat,
> hunky-dory. However, that seems a bit cheap to me.

Yeah, me too. Whatabout learning time, material sourcing, locating literature, PRACTICE??????

(A LITTLE realism never hurt ,surely..?)

The rules also have the example of the guy who pays 24 HP to go from "who's Humakt?" to Devotee. And I hate both, myself.

I rest my case.

As a quick example of how to make friends with a localish sub-cult and get to join/learn feats, take a look at "Sheepless Nights".

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan/scenario_sheepless.html

Do the quest, help the other clan, being introduced to their sub-cult shrine is the reward.

Yes, but should all those rewards be immediate? In modern terms, passing exams and hard work and devotion in school rewards you with a place in University. However, that doesn't make you an immediate surgeon, rocket scientist, writer, filmmaker etc.....

I'm on one today aren't I?