Re: Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:46:10 +0100 (BST)

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan/scenario_sheepless.html

> Do the quest, help the other clan, being introduced
> their sub-cult shrine is the reward.

Scott:
> Yes, but should all those rewards be immediate? In
> modern terms, passing exams and hard work and
> devotion in school rewards you with a place in
> University. However, that doesn't make you an
> immediate surgeon, rocket scientist, writer,
> filmmaker etc.....

The reward is the *introduction* to the shrine. They are now willing to help you initiate, learn the feat, whatever, which there's no reason why they would have been before.

After that, yes, there's more to come. You get told the myth behind the feat - you may have known the general idea before, but not the details. And then on an appropriate day and with the right preparation, the shrine godi will open the way to the Other Side, and will go through that myth on the HeroPlane, showing you how to do that feat. And you follow along, joining in the chorus as it were. When you get back (when, not if, HQing is auto-success, right?) you know the feat. You have your driving licence. Time to start learning to drive :)

Yes, you *can* learn a feat in double-quick time under certain special circumstances. I even had a mini-scenario idea for WW that did just this. Crimson glow approaching, some Vingan in a rather obscure subcult thinks "Defender Wind might slow it down a bit". She now *wants* to teach it to as many Vingans as she possibly can, fast! And she's got support and backing from Broyan and Kallyr (who's one of the pupils).

Under those circumstances, I think I'd allow a day. With that level of support and desperation, I think it could be done.

Jane Williams