RE: Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:28:51 +0100

> Yes, but the idea is to allow the Reaching Storm, or whatever
> it is, to help
> those good Orlanthi who cannot actually use Wind/Movement
> affinities.

Is it? That hadn't occurred to me.

As far as I'm concerned the primary plot-purpose of the "Whitewall Storm" is to demonstrate in as obvious as manner as possible the Orlanth is here, tied to WW, and if he's beaten here, he's dead.

The secondary plot-purpose is to provide a partial explanation of why they held out for so long - their magic was stronger than usual. And for high-level comments like that, we don't need to know what sort of magic, or by how much.

After that, we start looking at what effects it *might* have, and to what extent this will upset game balance. The suggestion so far was that it improves all "Orlanthi magic" by a factor of 1.5. Not that it grants new powers to those who don't already have them. Yes, this is only a suggestion, but even that seems to be quite unbalancing enough, potentially.