RE: Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:36:25 +0100

> Yes, now that the circumstances are outlined, it makes good
> sense (and productive game mechanics). My gripe is with a
> rule in general, ie: in the course of a "normal" campaign.

And there I'd agree with you.

> What you describe above is the mother of all battles in a
> Helm's Deep stylee!

Exactly. That's the most extreme case of "yes of course you can" I can think of. The most incentive, plus social and religious support, I could find.

> There is no reason that a character cannot "master"
> non-magical feats (archery,run far, never tire, load catapult
> etc) in a day or two under these circumstances too
> (especially if we manage to factor in adrenaline and so forth..)

Hmmmm.... I suspect what you could do is learn enough that you would be willing to try to do things that would normally require "mastery" of those skills, and rely on said adrenaline to get you through. Sort of "yes, the skill's at 13 not 6, now let's start piling on augments"

> Right, Scott's happier now! Thanks!

Oh, good :)