RE: Re: Kathy

From: Scott Rogers <amaretto_sirloin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 04:21:31 -0700 (PDT)

True, but for me a note of humour and lightheartedness go a long way to making the character more lovable. It's also easier to associate personality traits, flaws and habits with words in use today (but also great fun plucking them from literature!).

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:

> If you think about it, anything from the real world
> now, didn't exist in Glorantha, and so is
> mysterious, supernatural and fantastic. So the name
> "Vauxhall Nova" is a perfectly suitable handle for a
> weaponthane, ...

Only if your players have the self-control to ignore the associations that the name has for them. For a lot of us, that sort of thing ruins the atmosphere.

Jane Williams