Re: Re: New file uploaded to whitewall

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:01:07 -0700

> >I really think you should produce
> >another helmet for them all to share, lovely though that one is.
>
> What, the rest of the world doesn't share my ongoing obsession with the
> Sutton Hoo helmet (and my undying hatred of Sheffield for having the
object
> of my pilgrimage out on tour when I *did* get to visit the British
Museum)?
> Strange. But yes, a different helm is in order. Less iconic, but gives the
> actual face more character.

John, John, John, you've got to get over it :-).

Use the Coppergate helmet, or the Bently Grange, or any of the other one out there. I don't know if the Saxon helmets they've found in the last few years are cleaned up & published yet, but there are a lot of other helmets to use from other countries...

RR
- Richelieu