Re: Broyan has enemies...

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:40:38 -0400

On Wed, 2005-06-07 at 13:42 +0000, donald_at_... wrote:

> I'm thinking that any society that's been reasonably stable since
> the God's War is going to be based on beliefs largely shared by
> the majority of the society. The only thing that will change that
> are social changes probably triggered from outside.

I have to agree with this.

> Assuming Esrolia's system of government is unstable, which appears
> to be true, then we must look for a reason why it has recently
> become so. One possibility is that the Pharoah provided stability
> and a balance to the Queens, the other is Lunar influence. Lunar
> missionaries preaching sexual equality could well provide a catalyst
> for all sorts of unrest which in turn makes the Queens nervous
> and more repressive.

I do like the idea of the Lunars preaching sexual equality and thus the liberation of men through the Goddess. But I think the Pharaoh did a really good job of keeping the area stable. What's the history of the region? Has there ever been a High Queen? Has it ever been united? Or has it always been a series of competing tribes and coalitions? In fact, has it ever even really been independent, or despite a fair amount of autonomy, has it always been *really* ruled by an ostensible Husband/Protector.

> I haven't heard of any factions which might support Broyan, the most
> likely one to accept a male ruler would be the Red Earth Faction
> but they're aligned to the Lunars.

But even then, wouldn't they just be accepting him as Husband/Protector?

But, as you said, I think Broyan for his part has way too much to worry about at Whitewall than this unless it comes to him to cause problems.

LC