Re: Re: Earth faction in WW

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:51:46 +0100 (BST)

> > Ah, I wasn't sure and it doesn't say on the Wiki.
> In fact I wonder
> > if we aren't too quick to use Vinga Dar rather
> than Orendana.
>
> I think historically the player character was an
> Orlanth worshipper and a warrior of renown.

She was, yes.

http://www.runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/Leika

Jeff has her as "Vinga Drogarsi with a pretty powerful archery feat".

I assume she'd have needed to add Dar to be King.

I know Jeff's version is "only" a personal campaign, but since he has a detailed and useful version of her worked out, I see no reason not to go with that and regard it as definitive. Unless he does? :)

> > >Yep. Though I get the impresssion her power is
> political rather than magical?
> >
> > With the history Oliver wrote for her? it's cram
> full of Ernaldan magic

http://www.runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/Scathach%20the%20Iron%20Shrew

I see no magic? Or were you refering to something different?

Rob:
> Beneva is approaching the elder grandmother stage
> and I have her
> bitter and weary from a life overtaken by tragedy.

Agreed so far.

> As for
> contributing significant magical power to WW, I
> think not. Whilst
> she has trememdous personal magical power, I believe
> that she is less and less active.

Politically yes, she stays in the shadows. Magically, I think she both has power and uses it.

> In fact the reason Benava is spending her time
> feuding with Kallyr
> > could be that the Volsaxi women are excluding her.

That may be part of it, but I don't think Benava needs any more reasons to hate Kallyr. In fact, cause and effect may be the other way round - the Volsaxi see her wasting her time (in their opinion) on this useless and divisive feud, and are unimpressed.

Jane Williams