Re: Re: Broyan has enemies...

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:25:20 +0200 (CEST)

Jane Williams
>> Charles Corrigan
>
>> > 1 - Broyan has little or _NO_ interest in Esrolia
>
> Joerg:
>> As of 1619, that is. 1622-1624 sees Broyan fighting
>> the Red Earth
>> Faction in Esrolia, culminating in the Battle of
>> Pennel Ford.

> Fair point - but this *is* the WhiteWall list.
> 1619-1621 is therefore the main period of interest.

Sure. However, the future history tells us how and when the "evil grandmothers" strike. Anything occurring in Whitewall might be groundworks to get there, or an earlier attempt which fails.

>> I get this impression of the Rose Wars translated to
>> the Vingkotlings.
>> Reading the Shakespeare version of that part of
>> English history,

> Word of warning for those not versed in English
> history or Shakespeare (I know Joerg is) - Shakespeare
> was no historian. He told a good story, but it made
> Argrath's Saga look accurate. Do not confuse his
> version with the real thing, you'll only get confused.

Adding a word of advice: stick to Shakespeare's version when thinking of parallels. A good story is what we're after. What we "know" about the Vingkotling era makes the Argrath Saga look encyclopedic.