Re: Earth faction in WW

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:40:33 -0000

> FWIW, on skimming through fiction for minor characters, I find one
more lot
> of Volsaxi. And they're so minor I'm not sure if they help. No
names, even.

> What's said is:
> "remember that near-riot half a season ago? Gyffur's lads got a bit
> over-excited in the Shambleshur and were about to lynch some kid
for looking
> at them the wrong way before we stopped them?"
> "Weavers. And pacifist weavers at that, from what I remember..."

[Rob]
great! If I ever get to run another set of players through WW this will definately feature. I would have used it as a moral test for the guy who really liked the Hidden Gale.

[Jane]
> Yes, weavers, still living in WW in 1620! I think what I had in
mind here
> was the sort of little old lady who refuses to leave her house in
the face
> of extreme disaster - it's a British stereotype that appears in
every major
> flood, bombing, and so on. The place is a wreck, half the houses
are
> demolished, and some old dear appears offering a cup of tea. No,
she won't
> abandon her house, at least, not until several nice young policemen
> (probably Vingans, in WW) have spent a lot of time persuading her,
and the
> china and lace in the sittingroom is still spotless. She'll leave
> eventually, probably with a lot of fussing over some pet - small
dog, cat,
> that sort of thing.
>
> Charles, if you want to grab her and tell me more about her and
her family,
> go ahead. The more I look, the more I see possibilities there.

[Rob]
After coming to the conclusion she is 'just' a sweet old lady she could at some point turn up and save the day with some stonking magic that has the players going 'WOW!'

Regards
Rob