Re: Re: Gyffur, control of

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:35:38 +0100 (BST)

AFAIR, he hasn't when documented at Iceland. But a lot of people who can't see his character sheet probably think he has.

> "They saw a Lunar and they did not kill
> him - that's collaboration with the occupier".

I'd agree with this view of him, and think it gets more extreme as time goes on. At WW, he isn't that bad.

> Broyan, with the Helm and Sword, and other symbols
> of authority
> (like his personal winds that constantly blow around
> him) may have
> some control over Gyffur - but only while in close
> contact.

Yes.

> I suggest that Gyffur is one of the conseravtives
> that resist
> allowing Kallyr any power as a warlord - "It only
> stands to reason,
> she's a woman - only a man can be a real warrior and
> only a real warrior can be a warlord" etc.. (*)

Probably. I suspect he only really respects people who can physically beat him in combat - and a quick look at the stats says that Kallyr can't.

What she can do is manipulate him - she's good at that. But as control goes, it's not easy or reliable.

> Gyffur does whatever he wants and I think that this
> would not
> include him (or his warband) holing up "doing
> nothing" in Whitewall.

Agreed, he'd get bored and start attacking anything/one in sight. As long as he's around, finding him something to do will be a constant problem.

In fact, could we get a scenario out of that? Providing a wild goose for him to chase?

Jane Williams