Re: Gyffur, control of

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:18:26 -0000

I am wary of painting Gyffur too black. I like the contrast between Gyffur and his band. I like him best as a sort of 'Josey Wales' character. I think some of his band are nothing more than bandits, but whilst they kill Lunars Gyffur makes room for them. I am currently in the process of introducing Sgarpsword to the players on the Cradle. I want to show them the change in him when he comes back later in the campaign, having spent years amongst the wolf pirates.

I'd like to do something similar with Gyffur, but in reverse. I'd like to show him as having had enough, and just wanting to go home and be a farmer. Sort of like the thing you get with the Tom Cruise character in Saving Private Ryan (Although he was a teacher), but you get the idea.

I like Gyffur and would like to make him more complex.

Regards
Rob