Re: Re: Gyffur, control of

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:32:51 +0100 (BST)

> I am wary of painting Gyffur too black.

True, we don't want anyone to be Pure Evil. Boring.

> I'd
> like to show him as having had enough, and just
> wanting to go home and be a farmer.

> I like Gyffur and would like to make him more
> complex.

In that case, why not add a third level of complexity?

Secretly, he wants to go home and be a farmer. And he sees this as weakness on his part. He's terrified that someone will find out. So he acts more and more brutal, to prove that he isn't weak.

There you go, the complexity you wanted, and back in line with how he's probably going to be used.

The interesting question then is who knows how he really feels? And what do they do about it?

Jane Williams