RE: Re: Volsaxi clan names?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:21:06 +0100

> > Unless you can manufacture splendorbread and widebrew for 4000
> people, yes.
> > By the time we're down to the last few dozen, in those last few
> weeks, I'll
> > believe it, but not in early 1620!
>
> At this point, I'm not sure how much the defenders of WW are really
> even on the mundane plane. I suspect you are right, but it is worth
> trying to rethink the story.

I would strongly suggest that for most of the siege, the bulk of the defenders are on the mundane plane. Otherwise it becomes unplayable for ordinary PCs. Yes, there's a lot of HQing going on. Yes, you're in a high-magic area, getting through that barrier is probably easier than normal. And by the end, yes, the defenders seem to be using a Short World as a hide-out. But for the most part - if the entire place is on the Other Side, what are the Lunars chucking rocks at? What's that army doing there? Have you shifted the Lunar attackers off the mundane plane, too? Where do we stop?

> My point was that Broyan has reversed the Volsaxi-Sartarite
> relationship. Normally, ambitious Volsaxi look to the Sartarites
> for patronage and support. Broyan has got ambitious Sartarites
> looking to the Volsaxi for patronage and support.

Yes, I missed that, sorry. Good point. He certainly has.