RE: Digest Number 340

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:06:17 +0800

> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:35:34 -0000
> From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>
> Subject: Domain name up for renewal
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Back from holiday to find reminder letters that whitewall.info is up
> for renewal.
>
> At present this simply redirects to the Wiki - all we add in the way
> of "value" is a more memorable URL. There's an email address or two
> associated with it. It'll cost me £24 to keep it for another two years.
>
> Can we make better use of this URL? Can anyone think of uses for a
> whitewall email address? Any other ideas?
>
> My first thought is that it's valuable
> a) because it's memorable
> b) because of the redirect - if we need to move the wiki, we just
> change one redirect, not dozens of links on other people's sites.

My web hosting package has changed recently so that, if you want to direct whitewall.info to my web-hosters nameservers, I can get it to point straight at the wiki with no re-directs - and any other content we are interested in creating. With minimal effort, I could also set up email and/or many other internet services.

Contact me off-list if you want to pursue this.

Regards,
Charles