Re: Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:56:49 +0000 (GMT)

> Few questions for anyone...

And good questions, too.

> There is a date for the first major night battles of
> Disorder Week,
> Dark Season 1619. Is there a date for "The Shargashi
> Incident"?

http://runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/Earth%20Season%201619

Death Week is the bit you're after.

I hvae an idea that someone (Donald?) wrote that up as fiction from the Lunar VP?

> are there any more details for these night battles
> or are they there to be exploited?

I'm not aware of any more details myself.

> Is the shameless introduction of your own characters
> into the milieu considered bad form?

Anything but: as long as you're happy for other people to then use them as NPCs in their own games.

The idea is to provide an overall framework that everyone can use. Obviously individual games will disagree with each other - who defeated the Bat, after all? "Our PCs", right? If all PCs met up, how many copies of Balastor's Axe would there be? But if your characters will potentially add to other people's games, rather than *only* blocking "slots", then go ahead! Here, the Humakti who fought the Shargashi and (50% or so) died "may have been" the heroband that the Swords campaign is all about. In your game, they're just some group of Humakti or other who invite your PC Humakti to come and join in (and die with them). If I'd said they were the only ones who fought and died there, we'd have problems, because that's "blocking" use of the situation for others.

Incidentally, there are more details to that - if you want to "borrow" them, I'd rather do so off-list, as some bits haven't been made clear to my players yet. They may be back at WW trying to retrieve the lost cohort standard at some point, and I'd rather not tell them what happened to it.