Re: Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:26:51 GMT

In message <425877.73000.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:
>--- Stuart Cogger <stuartcogger_at_...> wrote:

>> There is a date for the first major night battles of
>> Disorder Week,
>> Dark Season 1619. Is there a date for "The Shargashi
>> Incident"?
>
>http://runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/Earth%20Season%201619
>
>Death Week is the bit you're after.
>
>I hvae an idea that someone (Donald?) wrote that up as
>fiction from the Lunar VP?

It's the first part of the following -

http://runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/Story%20from%20the%20siege

Doesn't really cover what the Shargasi are doing but explains Jorkandros's thinking and what the rest of the Lunar army was up to.

In general terms I think the Lunars badly overstretched themselves launching the attack but the defenders were pushed to their limits because at this point the fortress is seriously undermanned. That's why the Humatki find themselves fighting a desperate battle with no hope of reinforcements - the rest of the defenders are struggling to hold the gate.

>> are there any more details for these night battles
>> or are they there to be exploited?
>
>I'm not aware of any more details myself.

At this time I think "battles" is an exaggeration. More accurately described as skirmishes. Neither side have enough troops for battles. After the failure of the Bat, the arrival of Tatius and various clans from Sartar both sides have enough for more serious fights. There's an attempt by Lunar trolls to take the gate one night which Jane and I have been writing about.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/