Re: Inspiration over beer

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 23:12:18 +0000 (GMT)

> 1. I've always thought the proliferation of
> wandering hero bands united by
> a wyter is very much a recent (or at least cyclical)
> historical
> development within Dragon Pass, not just a change in
> game focus. Circa
> 1625, they're starting to become much more common,
> for all sorts of reasons.

You may well be right, but I'd be interested in hearing your reasons.

> I've covered this in my Tentacles 'Heroes
> In Hall' presentation.
> Whitewall is one obvious seed.

Not having been at Tentacles for that.... do you have a graphics-free summary?

> 2. Argrath is much less of an Orlanthi than we've
> been supposing. Start
> with the wyrm-spangled banner and work forward, with
> Nick and Janes' comments in mind.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here?

> Lets be optimistic and assume we see a Dragonrise
> scenario "next year", in 2009.

Hysterical laughter..... well, assuming you're talking about the "official" one.

> Which is making me think an overtly unnofficial,
> creative, fan-based, alternative 'G2' Hero Wars arc
> to sketch out a story
> in exactly the same way we've done for Whitewall.
> Make our own Argrath and
> other heroes. Sketch out a campaign arc, the more
> fantastic the better.
> Utilise maximum creativity: exactly the thing the
> Gloranthan community is
> so good at. Surprise and entertain each other.
>
> Any thoughts? Any takers?

You mean you don't have one already? Trouble is, the story arc will depend so much on the players of each individual campaign. We could, I suppose do "this is what would have happened had you not interrupted".

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
The World's Favourite Email http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html