The Arc

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:40:40 -0700 (PDT)

I'm travelling, so I can't quote others like I usually do. If my comments seem incomprehensible, that might be why.

On the question of what's to the south, the Gods's world met the other worlds at the spike. The gods were notionally to the north, the sorcerers to the west, and the spirits to the south. So, maybe saying the "southern gate" means going into some strange foreign land. I'm thinking that short world Jane mentions coukd be such a strange foreign land.

I think we've beaten to death what a generic lunar looks like. I still think the hoplites have a gladius hung on the right, because it's impossible to use a scimitar in their close combat. I agree that they also carry a cudgel on garrison duty.

Chris Lemens