Re: Three Lunar Associations

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

Donald, responding to Jeorg:

> > Still no Dara Happan connection, but aiming high. Probably not openly
> > connected to the rulers of Sylila (due to the rivalry over who controls
> > Provincial Affairs between HonEel's and Hwarin Dalthippa's successors),
> > but Fazzur may have earned the enmity of the Phargantites for building up
> > those contacts.

. . .
> > I suppose Tatius' appointment as Provincial Governor is the most
> > likely breaking point. This might leave a couple of leagues with
> > ties to both Fazzur and Moirades.
>
> While it is possible that it's a single Association which breaks
> into two I'm inclined to see the situation as two Associations all
> along.
>
> > Given that JarEel is a product of the same "genetic" tampering as
> > was HonEel, their focus may have shifted to supporting the
> > super-heroine/Inspiration of Moonson, leaving the Tarsh section
> > more or less as a locally-led money-gathering enterprise. They
> > would have been behind Moirades ascension as King of Dragon Pass,
> > and may have been backers of Philigos.
>
> I see the Association as having backed all the Lunar Kings of Tarsh
> and trying to control Sartar too. Jar-Eel is the next step for
> conquering Kethaela.

I'm woefully ignorant of the politics there (repeat that a bunch of times for emphasis, please), but does this mean that one of these associations is essentially supporting the Lunar Kings of Tarsh in a long-term effort to build a southward-reaching kingdom that would some day be sufficient to break free from the lunars? (And that, as part of that effort, they are breeding super-heroines, for whom the Empire takes the credit, but over whom it ultimately has limited control?) If so, that would be a lot of fun. It would also help me understand better why a lot of King of Sartar seems like it's a three-cornered conflict between Argrath, Tarsh, and the Empire.

Thanks,
Chris