Re: Whence Wallenstein?

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:10:18 -0500

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> My guess would be this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_von_Wallenstein

I didn't feel sufficiently knowledgeable to assume that this was the source. The name just came out of nowhere for me. Interesting stuff; agreed.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...> wrote:
> Oh well, another cultural assumption gone into "never heard of it" land.
>
> Wallenstein was one of the most intriguing characters in the 30 years war
> in Germany, ...

Besides it being completely "non-Glorantha-sounding" IMO, I am not objecting at all. I'm NOT suggesting changing it or not using it - I just wanted to know what it meant and/or where it came from. (The Thirty Years War wasn't even mentioned in pre-college classes IME in the US - to continue to flog that dead horse.)