Re: Smuggling weapons from Prax to Whitewall?

From: Stuart Cogger <stuartcogger_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:26:24 -0000

I've not read the novels so I don't know how explicit they are in the details, but the kind of long winded campaign that I imagine Whitewall to be would be a magnet for opportunists and black marketeers from all over the world to try and take advantage of the chance to earn a coin or two. The smuggling of weapons and armour would be central, and what better way to bring them in than from the last place anyone would expect?

Seems to me that everyone in the anarchy of Heortland post-1619 would see the war as the best chance to make a living. Think of a Lanbril-run Ho Chi Minh Trail, maybe?

I didn't follow the Lanbril in Whitewall thread too closely, but I see this as their thing. They'd want to protect the secret too, so I could see any individuals who discovered it copping a knife between the shoulder blades. Perhaps this is why it has remained a secret?