Re: Hi, I see there is an upcoming WW book

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:33:29 +0200 (CEST)

Rob
> Is it an effort generated by this group??
>
> I didn't note any mention this was coming up. Jeff posts here as well, so
> I can't think why we wouldn't have had a mention here?

This group's findings apparently aren't involved, other than offering some subconscious influence.

> Does anyone know what its going to be based on? Greg's campaign and
> Jeff's HotHP?

If it is formed after any single person's house campaign, I don't see how it would make a useful product. Official notes by Greg on his view on Broyan and Kallyr would be appreciated, after all the various speculations, retcons etc. I have lost track of. Brian IMG will vary...

> Which would be a shame as it robs Heortland of some of that old
> skool (RQ2/3) charm.

Hmm. I consider myself sort of old school on the topic of Heortland, but my old school vision has little in common with the RQ2 vision in Penny Love's novels. Which of the charms are you referring to?

> It would be a shame if we go the model where the
> Volsaxi Orlanthi are facsimilie of their Sartarite cousins....

Is there a consensus what the Sartarite Orlanthi are like?

With all the variety in Sartar (admittedly a lot of hyper-rural hicks, same as some of the Volsaxi tend to be if living away from Smithstone, but also quite urban clans and tribes, whether licking Lunar backsides or not), there are bound to be similarities as well as strong differences.