Re: Volsaxi

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:11:30 +0000 (GMT)

>> My traditional stand on the Volsaxi was that they were quite conservative.
>> The chariot idea was rather a way to illustrate this than a required fact.

Hunting through story drafts, I find Kallyr's comments on a Volsaxi clan she's got to deal with - somehow. She's expecting problems, and looking for someone to act as an interface.

"I'm told they're isolationist, they're so backward they don't even have cows, they'd never met a Vingan until a few days ago and don't like them, in fact they don't trust anything that comes from more than a mile from their stead and hasn't been the same for the last hundred years."

Now, that's second-hand info, coming from a biased speaker, and both she and her source may well be wrong, but as an extreme case of Volsaxi, does it sound about right? (Incidentally, they're well over a mile from Whitewall.)