Re: So what've we got for John?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:45:31 GMT

In message <319541.16299.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>>> NPCs on the Lunar side:
>>> At least here we're balanced. We know things about the commanders, we
>>> have a fair idea of the units present at any given time.
>
>>We sort of lack some colour in the understructure - camp followers,
>>Lunar camp life...
>
>That's where I'm hoping Donald's story NPCs, and a few of mine, may
>come in handy.

I've got quite a bit to expand what's already on the current wiki. It just needs putting together.

>> The final fall, as I recall it, was rather disappointing, as far
>>as player contributions go, unless your players are content to sit
>>in the ice as one of the dozen or so companions of Broyan.
>
>yes... well, I doubt if they'd stay there long, but yes.
>
>> I'd hate to see "this far, we needed you, now go save your hindsides
>>while we chosen few sit it out and bluff the Lunars",
>
>23 bodies....
>
>>but I wouldn't be happier with "you join mighty King Broyan and his
>>immediate circle in the ice".
>
>for a quick breather before going on to Spread the Word. But I know
>what you mean.

I rather think Broyan doesn't tell many people what he is doing. As far as most people know he's staying to die in the city when it falls. Those who do know have good reasons for getting out.

>> What I would like to see is Kallyr (or someone else) frantically
>> organizing oodles of support heroquests/rites that keep the besieging
>> Lunars mistaking the magical resistance of Broyan with active defense.
>
>Or genuinely trying to keep the Lunars out for just long enough for
>Broyan to do whatever he's doing and return to the mundane here in
>time to escape. Returning to the mundane to find the city destroyed
>might be a bit fatal for him.

I'd always assumed he reappeared in WW after the seige was over and most of the Lunar troops had left.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/