Greg: That's not an answer

From: pentallion <pentallion_at_rRPsrXQLgpFexeWu3JI-SfpwE8ObcIAmN3qL_Jf8XcffA2o2uvLtXU5PuDZAB40Nh>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:43:01 -0000

Yes I've heard the old saw that "it's just a game." probably over 20 years ago. I was hoping for a reply from you more than just what it's NOT. I know the GLS is not "it's just a game.". YOu've said that already many, many times. what you HAVEN'T said all these decades is what IS the GLS.

The answer may be anticlimatic after all these years and all the hype surrounding it, but I still wish to know. Fact is, if I could say there's one thing I don't like about RQ it's all the unfinished business surrounding it. All the stuff that strikes right to the heart of the mysticism the entire game is built upon that is left unsaid by the designers. The GLS is symbolic of this IMO. You all sit around like Cheshire cats with smug smiles and "WE'LL never tell.". Well frankly, that gets old after about 25 years. As a loyal customer it makes me say, "screw it, you guys are just BS. You don't know yourselves what half this crap is." Sorry, but that's the kind of conclusion most people I've played the game with...your customers...tend to draw from all this kind of behaviour.

So I ask you again, before I get much older and just don't give a damn, what IS the God Learner's Secret?