Re: Draconised (sic) myths

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_yUUpo5b5WXls9bkPkxn3HAgBtksBa-wunpYVTK_qIlU4A-sGEn0lcTu0PMxMQFJ_Rofd>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:22 -0000

> I think you mean, "How does a worshipper get magic when he doing the
> draconic version of the myths?"
>
> The actual answer is, "One does not do draconic worship for magic. The
> development of your true soul is not to obtain power. The purpose is
> to obtain inner tranquility and peace."

Just a little gloss on what Greg is saying. One does not transcends the material self, the limited self, the ego, in order to obtain power. The purpose is to achieve unity with the Cosmic Self (or for the EWF mystics, the Cosmic Dragon).

However, someone who achieves unity with the Cosmic Self will have tremendous power as a byproduct of that unity. But this power is very different from theistic magic (or sorcery or animism).

Jeff