Re: Digest Number 26

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_nH_-9HLxqx7LObHENA9hJaH-e4Wp25EuszomEOwm4Pdxu--3jGnFM_EjVAb0Zt-iR5YYS>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:53:51 -0800

> I've been confused by the word "source". I'd interpreted it as the
> origin of the magic - the Moon being the Lunar source rather than
> the essence, god or spirit planes. What you are referring to I'd
> describe as the "method".

Another theory: the Spell Node only provides the "template" for a spell, a blueprint of what happens when the spell is invoked. "Somthing Else" actually powers the spell - for a non-lunar sorceror, that "Something Else" is (something on) the Essence Plane. For a Lunar, it's the Cyclical Moon.

Hmm, I may like this theory better, but I'll let Greg make the final decision...

RR