Re: Enkoshons the dragon - found it!

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_iPqVoFNuEMhROgPV1RFaRqhTnLpGShifZq6OdgNavHZ-2KQ4Ew8q5A57uGs-VoLC3Jm>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:01:56 -0000

> It's a great and fun story which makes Vadrus useful (like the one in
> Anaxial Rooster).

Thanks :)

> I wonder where Vadrus acquired his ultra-powerful stupidity and
> stubbornness ? It's like some magical superpower which makes him
> immune to : fear, suggestion, mind-control, mysticism, logic...

I've always assumed its a bit like asking where Orlanth gets his storm powers; that's just his nature. Or part of his father's nature that he happens to manifest, for another way of looking at it.

> Even if Vadrus was destroyed by Wakboth, could some vadrudi hero gain
> this mythical stubborness through heroquesting ? Could be fun...

I would think that, at the very least, you could heroform some Vadrudi hero who had these powers, or follow a quest that such a hero performed. Vadrus may be dead, but he hasn't been as completely destroyed by Chaos as some gods were, or we wouldn't know his name and stories (even the ones that feature in other god's myths).

Still... you know what you've gone and done, don't you? You've inspired me to write another Vadrus myth. I've already got the beginning planned out, I just need to know where it goes... and it's looking like it'll be the longest yet, so it may take a while :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic