Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_rU_IMK3EkUnDsIxTK6j5NYTcU8d30DTpJbgLM8AX-sNgA9O7fd5iljC4rubCrig9GVa>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:49:03 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>> Ashart is three years old at the time he dies. What
>> heat-related accidents could befall a small child?
>> Fever?
>
> It doesn't sound right because Minaryth would just
> say that his child died of fever rather than heat.

You're assuming that "Whitewall falls, Ashart dies of heat" has the two events in chronolgical order. There's no guarantee it is. What if the death was before the fall of Whitewall?

Could have been a hot summer.....

And I still maintain that it is unreasonable to claim that because something isn't in KoS it can't be important Otherwise we have the conclusion that "Everything important is in KoS" so we know everything important. Suddenly our Gloranthas start to vary a lot less....... Or, more seriously, all future publications will only add detail, which I doubt. Hmm, does KoS mention the ship raising?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_N33g_RUGo7q0AKuNO90zQE5eEjumuy6h57eqJKLMnRTcwfzMp2wEEJKcGL1F4Aa_72wiA8Gd40g4jA-WgGEl.yahoo.invalid