Re: Ragnaglar

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_mIVKwk06tlBjgyxIChQnIyXm-YRQHguUPXsn7f4PqyzALeeqAEuCJiMZvIGfmeZPZgC>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:43:48 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 04:53 p.m. 20/03/2007, you wrote:
>

>> In Wyrm's footprints, p.65 it says
>>
>> "Umath had five sons, ... all were raging and violent, but each was more
>> refined than the one before him. The five sons of Umath, by order of
>> birth are : Kolat, Storm Bull, Vadrus, Humakt and Orlanth."
>>
>> Now sometimes Ragnaglar is referred to as a sixth brother (nothing against
>> the above list - no wonder he is dropped out). But if he is I wonder
>> where he fits? First son of Umath perhaps? I know chronology isn;t
>> strong in he godtime but I'm intigued.
>
> Different genealogy rather than Chronology. In one genealogy,
> Brastalos is Orlanth's sister while in other genealogies, the name
> of the eldest brother is either Umbrol or Kolat. Ragnaglar's
> omission is therefore of little significance.

Sorry - I wasn't clear enough. It wasn't the omission I was commenting on but the possibility of Ragnaglar being Umath's first son - perhaps why the Orlanthi don't seem keen on primogeniture?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_QY6CABcqanhngWM-Kg3bqKkVxKTavbMqpnrCpEtSkjvCCJh666g_g5QPAhQeWMxxGEtgwR-MOLP0I2d7zQ.yahoo.invalid