Re: Vingan Number Crunching

From: donald_at__Tu7c-2fab9iVGwyVrBYUOShjKTzNnLmmD9nM2zUMkuwX_wm-F_BR2FMyu3PAQq2Ubbs7
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 02:23:29 GMT

In message <46174D04.9050304_at_CECOCp3-ie2XzOdCiRx-RFWorVx_lvfHZWcLhBB-dMxj14mVyW0y1hywcjxjMQbiMH_3mYroDJOJaenAZZaQhnmsy1KqkZVDqBo.yahoo.invalid> Trotsky writes:
>Michael Hitchens:
>
>> Now if 15% of all women aren;t Ernalda, and you have 600 adults, so 300
>> women, you have 45 non-Ernaldan women in a clan - 42-43 of *not* Vingans.
>
>> So if we have 30 warriors, "all" all being male, with have 4-5 women
>> amongst them. We have a couple of Helerites. Still leaves almost 40
>> non-Ernaldan females unaccounted for. Sure, there's Chalanna Arroy,
>> Issaries and Lhankor My. Even Eurmal. But they are all minorities.
>
>Chalana Arroy worshippers are, IMO, about as common as Humakti. Indeed,
>I seem to recall a quote from Greg to that effect somewhere, and saying
>that they are something like 1-2% of the initiates in the average clan.
>So that's, say, 9 of your non-Ernaldan women accounted for.

Only if all CA worshippers are women. If the options for a male healer are CA or Nandan then it could be as low as half that figure.

Accounting for the non-Ernaldan females was exactly the problem I had when I looked at this some time ago. Redalda seems to be part of the answer and I think Maran Gor is another part.

The other thing to remember is that there are local concentrations of followers of minority gods. For example there's a Vingan temple in Kheldon lands - they'll have more Vingans than average.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/