Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_JYnOSa-eFxzF198DosOitkhK3xRVmk7BIYjlvH85iyoOtreSN1gKtpRMjbdPe>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:44:14 +0100 (BST)

> YGWV
>
> Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_JE88wxwRZH2l-oZgtK6QOWSL0y72JLL0FxC1etL1FJQJZw-5HujvX06oa-fU7ggCMlz0UdJCpXjaD2XAoVSBsoU.yahoo.invalid>:
>
> > Let's call it "Core Glorantha".
>
> The problem with this effort is that it is limiting.
> It doesn't take into account YGWV

Well, no. That's the point. This is what YG varies *from*.

> > Should we add that "core Glorantha" should also be
> > readily accessible in terms of being readable? The
> > Unfinished Works, wonderful though they are, are
> hard
> > going. And they are Unfinished in any case.
>
> But a lot of the Unfinished work is essential and
> thus central to the whole body of work.

I thought "unfinished" meant "draft only, some parts may change when we realise they don't really work"? That's my main reason for leaving them out. In some areas they're the definitive authority, yes, but a definitive authority that's known to be unreliable or incomprehensible doesn't help.

> > I might add to that the
> > various web bits that were by the same authors and
> > only got cut from those works due to space
> limitations
>
> But a lot of that work was cut because it was not
> correct, not just
> for space limitations. The author's were not always
> told which category their omissions were in.

Really? Poor sods. So they never even got the chance to correct it?

> There already IS a core of material: what has been
> printed under my scrutiny.

Er.... That wasn't exactly what I meant by "core", you know. I think everything I'd say is "core" was in fact under your scrutiny, and perhaps more importantly, under the scrutiny of a large number of people who could check, recheck, and triple-check for consistency, but the whole point of "core" is that it's that tiny fraction of the whole that *everyone* involved in general discussion agrees on. Since you're part of "everyone", that includes you.

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html