Re: Deep, not popular

From: donald_at_hjJBp45pmrs-lut5fjDkgEK05jDT3jyb4bGFtdfNByXsYfPNBa7aZSJe4MHPRvSTIPive
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:01:26 GMT

In message <p06240825c2434136759b_at_[192.168.1.2]> David Cake writes:

> My take on seemingly contradictory views of things in
>Glorantha where there seems to be some support for both views is to
>write the contradictions in, use it. Real world social institutions
>aren't free of contradictions, why should Gloranthan ones be any
>different? Glorantha will be the richer if we have several types of
>Humakti, several types of Vingan, etc trying to co-exist in a cult
>that ultimately has room for all.

Agreed, but I'd go further. Different communities may resolve the same conflict differently because they don't communicate with each other enough to realise they are different. So the Humakti temple in Boldhome may be very different from the one in Smithstone. In the bigger cults like Orlanth that will probably express itself in different subcults being popular but with smaller cults it's far more individualistic.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/