Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_D9gWt4p3H7x03jCkzZTzdncrRCLHC33fswhojVnbCUch2Txkw0H3RVo_f5gHtHbIVeM>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:59:47 +1200

At 12:40 p.m. 19/04/2007, you wrote:
>--- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, Michael Hitchens

>Gods of Glorantha Krarsht: Chaos, Undeath (I think that's the undead
>rune)

In Tales 8, it's described as Hunger.

>And the passage reads:

>"Larneste, the patron of Change once saw the squirming being of
>Krarsht and sought to elimiate the **chaos evil** from the world.
>When he tried to step on the foulness, however, Krarsht sprang to
>bite the god, breaking his divine skin and infecting the wound
>immediately."

Where are you quoting from? It doesn't occur in the Prosopedia or the Krarsht writeup.

>... and where the infected blood landed became a "bastion of chaos."

Except that the original in Cults of Terror says:

         *It is thought that* Larnste, the patron of change, once
         saw..."
                 Cults Compendium p311.

And elsewhere in the same source:

         Krarsht may have been the creature which Larnste
         once saw, "a small squirming thing, foul to sight
         and smell, which lay on the ground and turned
         dust to ash."

                 Cult Compendium p11

Moreover if Krarsht's bite cause chaos as you think it does, how is it that the bite of her Krarshtkids have no such properties?

>Hmmm. Seems pretty chaotic to me.

"Seems"?

--Peter Metcalfe