Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_NSerQBLq_RDzpSs_98FQfii9aSe09G-rJ9--0WvZmuvzkQdlLaEhVmYct0Vo0-a-Rtr>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 11:19:30 -0000

Peter Metcalfe:
> Since Humakt is the God of Death and has been known to strike
> people dead for breaking an oath (cf the consequences of breaking
> an Oath spell in RQ), I see no reason to abjure the jehovahist
> imagery of being struck dead in favour of a dull mundane explanation.

Also, the Household of Death took more than normal geases, so breaking them would incur a greater than normal penalty.

If you want a mundane explanation, rather than the satisfying "Struck Down by the Gods", try this one. If you become apostate from Humakt, doesn't your sword shatter? Breaking a mega-geas would probably make you instantly apostate in any case, leaving you swordless in combat, which is always a laugh.

See Ya

Simon