Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_TG9uFDoavYTvERm4Ijw_b1vngWWO87Ky8r4xWsQ6TBT49mmqxG9SZVqbjJ-gG_GvAHNGD>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:44:26 -0700

> YGWV, but I calculated that the city which is the base for my Lunar
> campaign has 9% of its adult population at devotee level or equivalent
> (ordinate, etc.) So devotees are hardly the norm, but also hardly
> likely to be treated as raving nutters. Except for those devotees that
> *are* raving nutters, of course (Jakaleeli types, I'm looking at you...)

I'll bet that 9% are not normally found walking the streets, but are, instead, found deep in the temples, the military, and/or the City Government.

So instead of raving street people, the general person will act differently towards them as they would to some saying "I'm from the govenrment, and I'm here to help". :-).

The point is that devotee-levels will be seen as strabger than normal - people *do* (or should) act differently towards them. Exactly *how* differently is something else again - some will admire their devotion, some will think them religious nutters, some will be suspicious of someone so single-minded, etc.

RR