Re: Make up new Gods, dang it!

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_BHQz51zHNKRn1-eBgkAPvi3zsxwio0tDQCah49twpt5exA53qXUxXTUSkOrdPr0SFqiuq>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:35:54 -0000

Self-Rock teaching is an Esrolian/Heortling/Wenelian thing, I think. For all I know, it could be the first step on the way to mysticism.

Wenelians view them as dangerous (and powerful) eccentrics or wierdoes or mental defectives who cannot manage to worship something decent - or people too poor to afford the sacrifices needed for initation. Reactions probably range from pity, contempt, envy, and "You wouldn't catch *me* doing that". The mental slot goes something like "Selfrock = Stickpicker," I think.

Personally, I don't think the Moon figures into it. That might be a nice avenue for Lunar Missionaries to explore regardless of its truthfullness.

Jeff