Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Ian <ilikemonkeys.geo_at_42UbKo4VZi8DNO79oo4EXgfO7DzO30y8yZ9TTwb8OTVT19AHgGEsteOfIkt>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:55:35 -0000

It *is* confusing sometimes. We're imposing God Learner classifications on a natural system, and biologists know the headaches inherent in trying to classify natural systems.

A Talent can be taught, sure. Just like riding a bike can be taught, without actually having to pretend you're Lance Armstrong when you go out to pick up milk. A feat requires emulating a specific entity, a talent does not. Additionally, a feat specifically has to come from a Divine entity (I imagine a concentrated theist would count?) while a talent has to come from an Everything entity.